This year we are introducing a comprehensive dryland training program to be led by NASM Certified Personal Trainer Christine Dorman and will include virtual and in-person sessions. Christine is also a Certified PARISI Sport Performance Coach and has worked with many individuals and Upper Valley Schools, including Kimball Union Academy.
Dryland Training is an integral part of any ski race program and definitely correlates to in-season performance. Athletes will strive to achieve overall fitness, strength and power to prepare for a successful and reduced injury ski season. Participants will also receive education about proper nutrition to benefit body composition, training and competition.
Although geared toward skiing, this program will benefit all ski team members regardless of their primary sport and supports any fall sport training programs currently being done.
The program includes:
- 3 two-hour in-person sessions, Labor Day weekend, Thanksgiving weekend and the Holiday week vacation.
- Weekly virtual zoom sessions beginning after Labor Day.
- Virtual sessions will be both live and taped.
- Private Facebook group for athletes and parents that will include posts on nutrition, recovery, sleep and visualization strategies.
Who can attend:
- U10s – U16s.
- There will be two different age groups for each session, 8-11yo and 12+.
Cost: $125 per athlete.
Registration: use the link that was sent for the team registration.