General U10 Program Information
Ages: 8 and 9
The U10 Team program is the next progression within the Quechee Ski Team. The U10 program incorporates all of the developmental components of the Mountain Team over a longer training day (9-11 am and 12-2 pm) with a greater emphasis on gate training and technique. There is also an option to train on Friday afternoons from 2:30-4 pm.
This is one of our largest groups and the athletes will be broken into teams based on their skill level. Most U10 Team participants will be graduates of the Mountain Team and/or have four to five years of skiing experience.
U10 athletes participate in Mid-Vermont Council (MVC) events in the Vermont Alpine Racing Association (VARA). U10 racers are divided into age/gender brackets (8 and 9-year-olds) and compete for medals against same-gender racers within their age bracket. Medals are awarded for the 10 fastest times in each age/gender bracket. There is a season-final race with all MVC mountains in early March.
- Previous experience in a race program or solid skiing skills (Mountain Team or other).
- High Intermediate to advanced parallel skiing.
- Wants to be there, has a desire to learn, listens to and respects the coaches.
- Program cost is: $940.00.
- Each U10 racer needs to have a Quechee Ski Hill season pass that is included in your QLLA membership or can be purchased at the Quechee Club (QLLA family members are required to purchase a season pass).
- Also, each racer must join USSA and VARA.
- Tickets for racers and training at other mountains. These fees will vary.
- General information on equipment requirements can be found here.
- For specific questions, please reach out to lead coach Frank Dorman, [email protected]