Ages: 10 and 11
The U12 Team program is the next progression within the Quechee Ski Team. The U12 program incorporates all of the developmental components of the Mountain Team over a longer training day (9-11 am and 12-2 pm) on Saturdays and Sundays with a greater emphasis on gate training and technique. There is also an option to train on Friday afternoons from 2:30-4 pm. Most U12 Team participants will be graduates of the Mountain Team and/or have 4 to 5 years of skiing experience.
U12 athletes participate in Mid-Vermont Council (MVC) events in the Vermont Alpine Racing Association (VARA). They are Giant Slalom races (most on Saturdays with a few Sunday races) with other mountains at each race. U12 racers are divided into age/gender brackets (10 and 11-year-olds) and compete for medals against same-gender racers within their age bracket. Medals are awarded for the 10 fastest times in each age/gender bracket.
- Previous experience in a race program or solid skiing skills (Mountain Team or other).
- High Intermediate to advanced parallel skiing.
- Wants to be there, has a desire to learn, listens to and respects the coaches.
- Program cost is: $940.00.
- Each U12 racer needs to have a Quechee Ski Hill season pass that is included in your QLLA membership or can be purchased at the Quechee Club (QLLA family members are required to purchase a season pass).
- Also, each racer must join USSA and VARA. VARA is part of the registration process for the team.
- Tickets for racers and training at other mountains. These fees will vary.
- General information on equipment requirements can be found here.
- For specific questions, please reach out to lead coach Frank Dorman, [email protected]