General Mountain Team Information - 7 to 10 years
The Mountain Team program is Quechee Ski Team's first introduction to ski racing. The program emphasizes developing strong fundamental skiing skills (the foundation of great ski racing) through a progression of drills, free skiing and gate training. The Mountain Team program is a half-day program operating on Saturdays and Sundays. from 9:30 am to 11:30 am.
The Mountain Team participates in selected Quechee Team-sponsored races and a limited number of races with 1 or 2 other mountains organized exclusively for Mountain Team skiers and held at other local mountains. The Mountain Team is the perfect program for your child to be introduced to the fun and excitement of alpine ski racing while continuing to improve their overall skiing ability. Depending on individual ability level, it is typical for Mountain Team racers to participate on the Mountain Team for one to two seasons.
- Can ride chairlift alone and pull down the safety bar without assistance. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Age 7 to 10 - Your child must be 7 years old by December 31, 2023, to participate. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Intermediate parallel skiing (this is a must).
- Independent - If cold or needs to use the bathroom during training, can and will go to the lodge alone and return to meet the team on the hill. Coaches are not babysitters.
- Wants to be there, has a desire to learn, listens to and respects the coaches.
Registration is: $835.00.
- Each Mountain Team member needs to have a Quechee Ski Hill season ski pass. Passes are included with QLLA memberships or can be purchased at the Quechee Club (QLLA family members are required to purchase a season pass).
- Each Mountain Team member must also become a member of US Ski and Snowboard as an alpine general non-competitor. This is an insurance requirement.
- Each participant must have skis and a helmet specific for skiing (not ones for hockey, biking, skateboarding, etc.).
- General information on equipment requirements can be found here.
- Junior ski racing packages are available at local ski shops. Henderson's in Quechee offers a junior ski racing lease program.
For specific questions about equipment, please contact head coach Frank Dorman at [email protected]