The Mountain Team program is Quechee Ski Team's first introduction to ski racing. The program emphasizes developing strong fundamental skiing skills (the foundation of great ski racing) through a progression of drills, free skiing and gate training. The Mountain Team program is a half-day program running from 9 am to 12 pm every Saturday and Sunday.
The Mountain Team participates in selected Quechee Team sponsored races and a limited number of races with 1 or 2 other mountains organized exclusively for Mountain Team skiers. Some of these races may be held at other local mountains. The Mountain Team is the perfect program for your child to be introduced to the fun and excitement of alpine ski racing while continuing to improve their overall skiing ability. Depending on individual ability level, it is typical for Mountain Team racers to participate on the Mountain Team for one to two seasons.
Requirements for Participation on the Mountain Team include:
- Can ride chairlift alone and pull down safety bar without assistance.
- Age 7 to 12 - Your child must be 7-years-old by December 31, 2020, to participate.
- Intermediate parallel skiing (this is a must).
- Independent - If cold or needs to use the bathroom during training, can and will go to the lodge alone and return to meet the team on the hill. Coaches are not babysitters.
- Wants to be there, has a desire to learn, listens to and respects the coaches.
Program cost is: $695.00. Each Mountain Team member needs to have a Quechee Ski Hill season pass that can be purchased at the Quechee Club or you may purchase a daily price. Also, each Mountain Team member must join USSA.
We will be attending a couple of races. Dates and locations to be announced.
Note about equipment: Each participant must have skis and a helmet specific for skiing (not ones for hockey, biking, skateboarding, etc.). Junior ski racing packages are available at local ski shops. This year Henderson's in Quechee is offering a new junior ski racing lease program. For specific questions about equipment please contact Bernard Haskell at [email protected]